The way you can start a photography portfolio website for displaying your portfolios.
You have great vision and a camera, you know the perfect timing of taking a picture. A great photography skill. So what else do you need? Yes, you need someone to show them. What good does it have if the world can’t see your talent!
Do you know what stands between you and the world? A well-designed, organized blog. Let’s learn how we can make a presentable photography blog.
Start your photography blog from scratch.
Pick a domain name from there
- Use your name and initials to make a unique domain name that is easy to find.
- Use variant and popular domain suffix as .com or .org
- Be creative with the brand name. You can combine your name and synonyms of your service to make a unique brand name such as your name + snaps or your name + clicks.
Get a Web Hosting Package
- Your primary decision is to choose which web host you want. As a new photographer, it can be a little expensive. You may register your domain and sign up for hosting at the same place to make it simpler for you. Here is a place where you can web hosting packages at a cheaper price. Get a web hosting package at a cheaper price from Hostgator not only cheap price but also a good support team available 24/7.
Set up your photography blog
There are two possible ways here. If you are a Guerrilla Content Photographer you can skip step two. But if you are a wedding photographer then you know the importance of scheduling, advance planning, and constancy.
That is why you should slow down a little bit and consider your goals now because you don’t want to go ahead and change your blog theme a few days after.
Match your Website theme to your niche
You have to select a theme for your photography blogs which neatly aligns with your goals.
- For personal photography: you can do nothing, just a theme with a comprehensive gallery layout which will keep the focus on photos.
- For professional photography: you have to add some more about you so people can find you easily. Look for a theme with ‘portfolio’ in the site you’re using. As a photography slider with a sidebar so that people can know more abou you.
- For wedding photography: you can go with the same principle as most professional photographers but you have to keep in mind that your target audience is not everyone. Most brides and grooms follow sites like TheKnot. So they want their photos like this. You have to select a theme that focuses on weddings like Vega.
Start your way around a blogging platform
For example, we suggest you
Let’s learn about WordPress. It’s intuitive and easy to use. Best blogging site for a photographer. So get used to the following menus:
Pages: First install WordPress and log in, WordPress will direct you to your dashboard.
Then you can add a new page from here, where you design and manage a site-level section of your blog. You can add a new page from the top navigation bar or from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. Now add the Title, and content blocks and publish your page in WordPress.
Posts: where you upload your photos. You must add some stories with them like some details about the photos.
Plugins: Here you can customize your photography blog. And you can also install and customize the look of your blog from appearance if you’re not already using a template from a theme. You can get by without plugins but it’s a good idea to use them. Because that’s what makes your page look beautiful. Plugins will save you time in editing your own thumbnails and make perfect mobile compatibility for your viewers.
That’s it. Now you have your own stunning photography blog. All you have to do now is keep it updated. Your success depends on it. Start experimenting, grow your skills, and try something different from others. You’ll never know which of your work is going to attract the audience.
Once you’re ready it’s time to set up for web hosting. Sign up for web hosting with Hostgator.
If you are stuck anywhere let me know, and I will help you.
If this has helped, feel free to leave a comment below!